Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Peter Piper

The weather continues to be delightfully cool and dry. Feels like October. It was 46 the other morning, actually cool enough for sweatshirts.

I've been feeling a bit like Peter Piper this weekend as I work my way through about a bushel of peppers. The last of them are in the dehydrator now. 

I made pickled banana pepper rings, pickled whole jalapeƱos, and wieners and banana  peppers in tomato sauce yesterday. 



Today was stuffed pepper soup, which we sampled for lunch. Delicious! I am so happy that my tummy is finally straightened out so that for the first time in years I can actually eat peppers! With the bounty this year, that's a good thing. 
I tried to add the link for the recipe but could not get it to work. But check out sbcanning.com for the recipe. I can't even post a photo tonight. Ah well. Take my word, its worth making if you have lots of peppers. I can see using this soup as the base for chili, or mixed with rice or past, or in place of ketchup in meatloaf. I ended up with 16 pints so we are well stocked.


I am blogging from my phone tonight so if there are more typos than usual that's why. Our satellite internet has been down for 4 days with no restore time in sight. Its frustrating but I have to admit this is the first major outage since we have been with this company...at least 10 years I think. 


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a bounty of peppers! Other than my green peppers and tomatoes, I didn't have a bounty of much of anything. I'm thankful that what did grow has been made into spaghetti sauce that will last us until this time next year. I hope your internet comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had beautiful pepper plants again this year, but no peppers! I don't know what the problem is. Birds picking off the bloom? I can't think of any other reason why they didn't produce. Maybe next year..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...