Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Junkin'

51 when we got up--late--this morning, cloudy but now the sun is peeping through from time to time.

I slept in til 9 this morning, even though I intended to get up early.  Ah me, good intentions. Yesterday's road trip to Columbus, Ohio with a friend was great fun but apparently I was more tired than I thought I'd be.

We had a good time and found some good stuff. Hers is still in my van, and mine is now inside to be sorted and priced. Some of it is new, reproduction items that look like old stuff. I mix some of this into my booths for those looking for decor, and it sells pretty well. I've also been adding more silk flowers and wreaths. I'm not one to have a lot of silk arrangements in my house, if I have any, but they do sell, so I try to keep some in the booth. They add some color and accent too. 

So not many antiques this trip but a lot of good merchandise that I hope will appeal to our customers. I haven't nearly unpacked everything but here's a little of what I found. My friend's stuff is still in my van, to be unloaded at the mall tomorrow.

Here's a look at some of my finds:

Not much in the way of vintage glass and pottery but a few things: a nice Anchor Hocking tall ruby vase, crystal biscuit jar, Franciscan ivy salad plates, a pretty Johnson Brothers plate with a wall hanger attached, pink Hazel Atlas bowl, a Virgin Mary statue, silverplate butter dishes and a small pitcher and bowl. New items were the wood trencher bowl, graniteware butter dish, coffee pot, canisters and pitcher, and galvanized colander. 



The little wheelbarrow is a decor item, which will look nice in someone's garden or decorations.


Wood organizer for a desk. 


Lots of silk flowers and wreaths, and a small 3-gun rack. Some people use these to display fishing poles.


A nice, if newer, table that I'll be painting white, with a glaze to accent the carving.



Best find was this Radio Town and Country wagon. Larry gave it was facelift with Feed'n'Wax.


This was a fun find--metal wall art made to look like old film reels.


Now on to pricing, and then I need to tackle those pineapples. The turkeys are roasting--one in the oven and one in a roaster--so I'll be canning them later today too. 


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of the wagon and the metal wall art. Some great items you got. Another busy day canning, hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...