Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Booth Update: Marietta

10 this morning, clear and bright. Warming up fast.

It's been a while since I posted photos of our Marietta, Ohio booth at the Antique Mall of Marietta. So here's a peek.

The globe, chest, and trencher bowl were additions this last visit.




We decided to just rub down the old chest and leave as it is. It has such a cool vintage vibe to it.


Two chairs also went in "as is". They really needed nothing, and it seemed silly to paint them. Added the Watts bog bowl and the copper kettle too. The wagon wheel we brought in last time we restocked.

Pretty colors to go with a cottage or farmhouse decor theme.


My collection of Jadeite dishes is slowing selling down. It's harder and harder to find for a reasonable price.


The dishes on the right are Trenle Blake, and were made right here in Jackson county, WV, in Ravenswood where our other booths are located.



This picture surprised me. It showed up in our booth, and it is ours, but where has it been for the last many months?? It has an old price sticker I was using 3 years ago, and was sitting on the floor. So I suppose it wandered into someone else's booth and they just realized it wasn't theirs.


Framed art is a hard sell, but the hunting prints seem to move, and I am hoping someone will love the swans as much as I do. They may end up back here yet, on my own wall.


New reproduction items--I add a few here and there, but try not to have too many at one time.


I'm kind of surprised the white metal cabinet is still here. They tend to walk out as soon as we move them in. I'm glad it's still here because I need the display space in this corner.


Blue and white china is ever popular. I added the sweet little pitcher in front and the elephant teapot this trip.


There are still quite a few people who collect vintage tumblers, so I try to keep a small collection on hand.


My real love, of course, is vintage kitchenware. It sure shows in my booths.




Marble-top furniture is not popular these days, and I am not sure why. It's so nice to not have to worry about marring a top. I think we may be sitting on this dresser for a while. Or might exchange it for one we have here at home because I like it very much. It's priced low at 125.00 but so interest so far.


This shelf is sort of a catchall, I guess. I try to theme it a little, but it collects whatever I didn't get in elsewhere. Being on the aisle it gets a good bot of traffic. 





Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue - always a pleasure to see your booth full of wonderful collectibles. My blog 'disappeared' and I haven't started another yet but I read all your posts.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no--I am so sorry--your blog was one of my favorite places to visit, Joy. I hope you start anew. I am so afraid this one might vanish one day. It's like my journal and I'd be devastated to lose it.

      Delete
  2. Your booth looks great. I like the trencher and the glassware. I have too much glass I have collected, but I always love it see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glass has a way of sneaking up on us, doesn't it? I have too much too, and try hard not to add any more without getting rid of something else. It doesn't always work though.

      Delete
  3. I'd take that tall metal cabinet in a heartbeat if I lived closer. But, then, where to put it??? Anyway, I love seeing all the interesting things in your booth. I am going to have to make a road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the constant dilemma! I wouldn't mind keeping it myself. We have two in our workroom for storing paint and hardware, and they're so handy. You know I'd love it if you could ever make your way west. What fun that would be. Hugs, Sister.

      Delete

  4. Hello from Vermont, the fourth picture down, the bowl on the chair. I have a platter that matches it. It was my Grandmothers who died in 1957. She grew up in the mountains of NC. I love all of your pictures. If I lived closer, I would be checking out your booths and driving my husband crazy. Have a blessed week. Barbara


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, so nice of you to visit. The Watts bowl, I think you mean? Your platter is not very commonplace. Have a good week up there in the North!

      Delete
  5. I’m a sucker for marble too furniture. You have some interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear from you again! Are you still in Illinois--I think that's where you moved?

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...