Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Winter Window

26, most of the snow gone, and sun on the way. Sunny day yesterday, high of 48 and sunny.

Some years I've posted photos of stems I've picked and forced into bloom inside, but this year I haven't even been out to cut any. Must rectify that today. But this window is still full of color anyway.


Since I was a little girl, I have loved looking at the light through colored glass. It just makes me smile. Rearranging pieces for different color combinations, and combining shapes, well, I suppose it's my zen thing--it relaxes me. I wonder, how many of you get the same pleasure in looking at the light through glass? 

Yesterday was booth restocking day for Marietta. Last month our check from there was 700.00--this month, 72.00. Which reflects three things--the weather, the sale of one big, expensive piece last month, and the fact that we are not getting up there but once a month to restock. January is always a slow month, so the small check this time is not unexpected; in fact some years we've actually owed a little. We covered all of our costs this month so we're all good. And hoping for a better month this time around, if the weather will cooperate. I'll post booth updates later. We made some nice changes.

Today I ordered more garden seeds, when I realized I'd forgotten lima beans and purple beans. I bought a paper shredder finally and we've been shredding mail and putting that into the composter. I hope we get something good for the garden out of it. We add chicken manure, egg shells and other food waste the chickens won't eat too. We shall see what comes out of it all.

I'm off now to make noodles. I haven't made any since the last big batch, about 4 months or so ago. They keep so well, and it's another way to use up eggs. I canned mushrooms the other day, as the grocery store had them marked down, so the cellar continues to get new stock. 

Talk to you all tomorrow, I hope.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I do love reading about all the ways that you preserve your food. So very different to how I do things so I do find that so interesting. I would not have the room to store all that you do, my house is very small and has no cellar but it is still interesting none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is a slow month and I don't even own an antiques booth. Cold and dreary here in KY. I have been dreaming of gardening as well. I need to get my seeds organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of all the coloured glass. I collect sea glass when I see it and have found lots of different colours, red, brown, blue, white, and it comes in all different shades. Bought a few glass containers and placed it in the window and now I can sit back and enjoy. Have fun making the noodles and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...