Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Taxes

44, cloudy, with showers off an on all day. Warmed to the upper 50's, but felt colder.

I guess my title says it all. Taxes. Yuck. That has been my entire day, all my own fault because I delayed so long. I hate this task, but it's a necessary evil. Next year, I think I will finally break down and take them to someone else to do.

We did get into the garden yesterday evening and planted more cabbages--about 3 dozen Stonehead, Flat Dutch, Ruby, and Bok Choi.  We'd planned to plant beets and carrots today but the rain stopped us. All the recent plantings look good, and joy of joys, onions and peas are up and looking good. 

And that, my friends, is all the news there is from here today. Pretty boring, isn't it. But the taxes are 99% done, just going to wait until tomorrow to click that final button in case I've forgotten something. I almost filed them today, then realized I had not added in the eBay income, although I had added the eBay expenses. Oops. So just to be safe, I'll delay a little longer in case something else occurs to me. 

No, I'm going to stop and read my book, West With the Night, by Beryl Markham. It's a older title, but so far I am enjoying it very much. 

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

2 comments:

  1. Same here....taxes! Blah! We finally got everything together and finished. Quite a chore and an unpleasant one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had the stables, I had an accountant do the taxes--much safer with employees and W-2s. No employees or stables now, but it's so much easier to let someone do them who is familiar with all the tax laws, etc. I guess I got spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...