Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Marietta Booth--but for how long?

44 this morning, cold and showers again. Around noon, freezing rain and snow mix; hasn't warmed up much.

It's a good day to be inside, for sure. Larry's been out of course--the man can't help himself, especially now that it's mollymoocher season. What's a mollymoocher, you might ask? 


Most people call them morels, and they're delicious and easy to identify so no worries about poisoning ourselves. The trick is to find them. I can rarely spot them, but Larry's found enough for us to cook for tonight's dinner. Yum. Another thing I love about this photo besides the delicious morel--that moss in the top right of center. Look how it's sprouting up.

Today I'm inside, listening to NPR, cleaning, and getting ready to paint another table. But here's a look at what we did at our Marietta booth the other day. Speaking of Marietta, we may be moving out of there sometime in the next month or so. A vendor mall has opened in our county seat, and I stopped to talk to them while we were out on Wednesday. I showed them photos of our booths and they said they definitely wanted us to have a space there. So if that all works out, we will close our Marietta location and move that booth to Ripley. We shall see. The rent is more, but more than offset by the travel costs, as Marietta is about 60 miles from home, and with today's gas prices that trip is a consideration. I'll miss the mall, because I like being there, and love shopping there when I have time after setting up my booth. But again, we'll see if this actually pans out.

You might recognize the little table from our Riverbend booth. It was there for several months, so we moved it to Marietta to see if we can sell it there.



Some things sold off the wall, and we took down some tools to move to Ravenswood where we have put together a tool corner. That's the up side of having two locations--being able to shift things around to find different buyers.



Paperweights are always a good seller for me.


Jadeite sells well, unless it's cups and saucers. They're slow sellers, but I won't be lowering the price on them.

I have a thing for colored glass bottles, and it shows.


Lamps sell well at Riverbend, not so much here, but I still keep some in stock because they do sell, if slowly.

Vintage kitchen tools still sell well. I need to replenish this area if we don't move.


Another move from Riverbend--this stenciled table. I really thought it would sell fast, but 8 months later, here it still is, so we moved it. Fingers crossed that we find a buyer here.


Single chairs also sell well, the painted ones faster than the stained ones. But this chair was in such good condition I won't be painting it.


Blue and white continues to be a thing in decorating, especially with the "farmhouse" decor style.





As for me, I'm partial to green. I took these pitchers and bowls out of my own kitchen recently. One can, I have found, have too many!


These shelves are really catchalls. I try to theme shelves a bit, but these end up with a little of everything.


Cake plates--I have found quite a few lately, so I am hoping that this is the season to sell them.


The idea of packing all this up is daunting, but it won't be the first time we have done it. Meanwhile, until we hear yea or nay on the new place, we'll continue to keep this one stocked--even if it means moving it all out before long.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. A move will be daunting for sure, but it sure would be nice for you to have your booth closer to home. Imagine the time you'd save traveling and the wear and tear on you and Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a great move for you especially with the prices of gas going up. Hope it happens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always look forward to your booth photos - and it would be so handy to have booth(s) closer to home. You have the best stock - hard work and great collecting!
    Joy (was aVintageGreen but l o s t the blog, my fault too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at pictures of your booths! Gas prices here are $4.29 - yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always see something in your booth pictures that I would love to buy, and this time there were at least three things - especially that cultivator/wheel-plow tool. I brought one home from the town recycling center some years ago, but was never able to repair it. Maybe in another lifetime I'll learn welding. Anyway, that one you've got looks really nice - and very functional, with the separate harrow attachment! Bet someone will grab that up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...