Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

My Views Today

63, muggy and overcast this morning,, but later clearing into a beautiful day..

Here was my view this morning:


Yes, that is the West Virginia Capitol Building's dome in the distance. And I was in a day surgery for an endoscopy. Fun, fun, but hopefully the first step to solving my tummy issues. NOT the way I wanted to spend the day, but I should have had this done last fall.

I put it off because we had company coming to stay, then it was the holidays, then we were painting...well, you know how it goes. But a couple bad rounds recently got me back on thr ball to resolving this. So they didn't see much of concern today, and now I wait for lab results. Then back to the doc, probably another test or two to completely drain my wallet before they agree with me that it is a gall bladder problem.

One doctor told me today that there is something doctors call "mountain mama syndrome ". It's the Appalachian women we take care of everything and everyone except themselves. I don't know if he was just joking but I know that there are a lot of women like me who put off getting care because of family, home, gardens, etc. So really I have no one to blame but myself for this dragging on like it has.

And here is my view now:


I was instructed to go home and rest...but on the way we stopped to tidy up a booth and get groceries.  Now I am on the couch and obeying orders because I really am drowsy from the anesthetic.  Tomorrow I will be back at it though!
Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

7 comments:

  1. Please be gentle with yourself until you really do feel better (as I pray you will), -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still talking with my health professionals about having my procedure with endoscopy. Very hesitant due to age related issues, not taking care of anyone or anything but me! So glad you're resting, and hope that you'll have results soon. The in between times are difficult. Waiting. I had my gallbladder out when stones were seen on a chest Xray for my lungs. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking it easy will help recharge you. Take care and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if women put off doctor visits more than men. Of course, men have women to tell them when to go, but men may tend to be careful about telling women what to do. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings! Hope you heal quickly and that you get the help you need. My own Sweetheart is still in the midst of that type of situation, after so many long days we are no closer to resolving it. But there is always hope. Prayers for you & him. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings! Hope you heal quickly and that you get the help you need. My own Sweetheart is still in the midst of that type of situation, after so many long days we are no closer to resolving it. But there is always hope. Prayers for you & him. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rest and be well! I understand about putting things off. Always something to do, plus I just hate having medical things done :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...