Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Fire and Dance

51 this morning, steady rain all night and most of the day. Possible frost tonight.

Last night was the broom dance! As it turned out, though, the usual instructor was not well, and several people had Covid, so this year there were just 4 of us. But what fun we had. I will say, I am a terrible dancer, but I love doing this anyway. Here is a short video of our efforts.


Yeah, we're not good but we sure had fun! I am going to practice this year until I have this down pat. I will still be avterrible dancer but at least I won't look like a befuddled granny again!

We had a frustrating day today, trying to find ceiling fans to replace one that quit working (after 26 years, the nerve!), and one to replace a light fixture. It took all afternoon and visits to 3 stores to find what we wanted, but I guess there are worse ways to spend a cold rainy day.

Our nerves were soothed this evening, however, by good soup and companionship up at Sarah's cabin,  and a lovely bonfire that surely kept way any evil spirits that might be roaming around on this All Hallow's Eve eve. Fire, family, food, friends, what's not to like?



It is now officially the witching hour and Halloween,  so I will say good night and safe travels in your dreams.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen this, Sue?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOBT3RBUTk&t=1s
    Now that's something to practice in your kitchen while you wait for the kettle to boil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched it. My goodness! That is just amazing.

      Delete
  2. Both the dance and the fire look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that clip of the guy trying broom dancing (from John)...not something I could do at all! But a bonfire and good food with friends/family is always such an enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds very enjoyable. Love John's video that he sent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...