Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Roos, Camels, Cups, and Santa

25 this morning, with a red sunrise and a few clouds. A red sunrise usually means rain ahead but none is predicted until tomorrow. High of 60f today.


This has been a catch-up day, just clearing up clutter, cleaning, and the like. There is nothing as nice as a full day at home sometimes. But not much to write about, so I will share these odd Facebook posts from the local livestock market:




So if you are in the market...actually, I do hope these go to a good and responsible home. One wonders if a special permit is needed to own such exotics? And if our climate is right for them. But I am sure the State has been closely involved and watchful of this sale.

Yesterday we restocked one of our booths, and on the way home we saw this gentleman.


This is Junior, actually. He has been playing Santa since my sons were little boys, at least 45 years. I wasn't sure it was actually Junior, until he called out, "Mewwy Chwistmas and Good Night." His Santa is a little odd, saying things like "Baby Jesus wuvs you" or " Jesus put you in this world and he will take you out again." But he us beloved in our community, and he absolutely loves being Santa.

Closing with Larry's new coffee cup, which came in the auction lot we picked up Wednesday.  If I had known he'd be so tickled with it, I'd have wrapped it up for Christmas!





Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

9 comments:

  1. I hope that they go to a zoo, where there are some experts know how to take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Angie. We are not far from The Wilds, a wild and exotic animal sanctuary in Ohio. That would be the best place for these animals.

      Delete
  2. Those ads are funny; Can't imagine having a kangaroo as a pet. Have a great day, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! There was actually a kangaroo running loose in our county several years ago. Poor thing was eventually mistaken for a deer and shot during doe season.

      Delete
  3. No roos or camels for me, I married my own exotic animal 30 something years ago. Thankfully she does not need to be diapered (yet), but now you got me thinking that maybe I need to microchip her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better hope Barb doesn't read this lol! But you know, it might not be a farfetched idea to chip people with Alzheimers. So many get to wandering off and terrible things sometimes happen to them.

      Delete
  4. We have a 'Junior' in our lives too. He is in his 90s now, and is slowly slipping from us, but if he was ever to play Jesus, I can imagine that he would be the same sort of Santa as your Junior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Special people, Debby. They keep us grounded, I think.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad your State keeps an eye on exotics and auctions and such - this stuff gives me nightmares. But you've reminded me that one day a few years ago when my vet was here she had just come from neutering a camel. I assumed it was at a zoo, but maybe I shouldn't have assumed that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...