Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A Heart Kind of Day

30°f yesterday morning, or -1°C. Clear and sunny after a wild night of heavy rain, followed by light snow, which melted off before 9am. Today, snow showers and 32°f (0°).

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! A cold one here for sure, but lovely and warm inside. We are off to a nearby town today for some junkies and lunch, I hope, in a sweet little cafe we have not yet been to.

I don't decorate for Valentine's day every year; I guess it has been several years since I got out the things I have collected over the years. But this year as I cleaned and sorted, I came upon the decorations and decided to put them out.

Flowers from Larry, heart shaped stones collected here and there or gifted to me, and pictures of most of my grandchildren.


On the mantle,


and on the buffet, red and clear glass mingle. 



 
In the living room, just a few collected oddities.


I found this plate a few years ago. Such a sweet sentiment.


A collage I made a while back, with an antique milk glass heart dish.


Enjoy your day with your sweetheart! And if you are alone, spend the day treating yourself to some special treats. You deserve it. Sending love and hugs to you all!





Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. wow Sue, you have some really lovely stuff. You too have a wonderful day with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving the C!!! :-)
    Mind you, I think I will never learn Fahrenheit! (And I love Freddie Mercury aka Mr. Fahrenheit).
    You decorated it all so nicely!
    Ingo once came home with a heart-shaped, frozen pizza. Boy, it was awful, LOL!
    We treated ourselves ...well, I did... with so many Australian calendars (really cheap now) - no idea where to put them in Braunschweig, what was I thinking, LOL.
    Happy belated, yummy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly did it up well. This is the one year that Sue didn't get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always admired people who can decorate. I am not sure why. My attempts just look like clutter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...