62°f/16.7°C, heavy, violent storms this morning. Still cloudy and looking like rain.
We were still in bed when the storm hit, and boy was it a doozy. Larry jumped up to close the window, and thrn we heard it---the unmistakable cracking and breaking of a tree.
What a mess! But fortunately only a few boards and my wicker planter and a couple flowerpots were broken.
Then our neighbor Mark, who grew up with our boys, showed up with his chain saw.
And now, it looks like this:
I'd say we were very fortunate! All the brush is piled up and ready to burn sometime later on. We needed to pressure wash the deck anyway, and I think we will only need to buy 3 or 4 boards to replace the broken ones. This wasn't on the to-do list for today, but all in all, it's not too bad.





...I'm sure that it could have been much worse. It's windy here, I put rocks in my pockets so I don't blow away!
ReplyDeleteI don't think there are many sounds as ominous as the noise of a tree cracking and falling...sadly on your deck. But as you point out, it could have been a lot worse.
ReplyDeleteOh my word, that must have been a horrible feeling to hear the tree branch break off. I'm glad there wasn't more damage, bad enough.
ReplyDeleteo lord..will insurance pay the repairmen?
ReplyDeleteTerrible, everything that's happening, even in my country it was really bad when it rained hail, breaking and knocking down everything in its path... so sad :(((
ReplyDeleteNow the heat is coming, which I can hardly tolerate.
Sending you a Friday hug, Andreja!
We have had some shocking storms here as well. We have two trees down, but fortunately, they are in the woods, not in the house.
ReplyDelete*on
ReplyDeleteHow nice that your neighbor came over with his chain saw. That was lucky that there was so little damage. The storms here have caused quite a lot of damage that I've been seeing on facebook
ReplyDeleteThat must have been scary to hear that cracking. I am glad that it wasn’t the main part of your house that got damaged.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have many trees that wouldn’t have fallen on the deck, but No, it had to be that one. This is the way that it goes.
ReplyDeleteWow, very fortunate indeed!
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful neighbor. Considering the size of the tree the damage is minimal.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you didn't have too much damage. Thank goodness for helpful neighbors!
ReplyDeleteThat was close!
ReplyDelete