Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Poppy for a Veteran

The sign in front of John's Lube lists soldiers' names,
those who are soon returning home.
And every day I drive past I wonder
if I will ever see the name of my son
posted in celebration.



Today I checked the sign and here is what I saw:






my son, listed first, with the others all returning soon.


Nothing fancy, this sign.

But to the families of soldiers, a blessed sight.




In the garden at my home, the poppies seem to know
it's time to bloom.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Welcome home to your son from us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Yippee! We're counting the days!!!! Jackie and I can't wait! Hope we see all of you soon!
    Love, Julie/Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...