My son had an assignment in his communications class that had him completely puzzled. He called me and we puzzled together. Light finally dawned--the quotes were doublespeak!
Can you decipher these? Although his teacher did not seem to have quoted a source, I did find these questions online, apparently as part of a class assignment. I do not know the author, so if you do, please share.
(And no cheating by looking online for the answers, yall!)
1. Excessive observation of a receptacle containing a liquid heated to achieve a simmering point rarely accomplishes its goal.
2. The chemical structure of circulatory fluid has greater viscosity than the colorless, transparent liquid occurring on earth rivers, lakes, or oceans.
3. That which was easily acquired with little or no effort is often dissipated in a likewise fashion.
4. Positive outcomes are often visited on those who understand the gift of patience.
5. An individual cursed with the mental capacities of a simpleton may be separated from his capital means through less than diligent practices.
Answers? Winner gets a Granny Sue CD!