Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jordan's Wedding: a few photos

Finally! Here are a few photos from my granddaughter's wedding last Saturday. I have more to share when I get a few minutes. Jordan was a lovely bride, and the wedding was fun--simple and comfortable, but beautiful too--the best kind.

Groom, bride and proud Daddy (my son Jon). Jordan wore my mother's treasured blue necklace, which was the first piece of "good" jewelry my father bought her when she came from England to America. I remember when he bought it--I believe it was for their 15th anniversary. It wasn't real jewels, but it was quality, as Mom would say, and I have always loved it. Jordan was thrilled to be able to wear it and have a memory of my mother at her wedding.

Jordan and her youngest sister Allison, who was the flower girl.


Katie, the next sister to Jordan and the maid of honor.
Cassie, sister #3, who was a bridesmaid.
Some of my sons and their families at the reception.

The bouquet toss!


My sister Theresa cuts the cake. Being a cake maker herself, she was very comfortable with the role and did a great job.
More to come, maybe next week!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful bride! She just looks so happy and gorgeous! Looks like it was a wonderful wedding - everyone looks very, very happy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, such an attractive couple. How perfect that the bride wore your mother's necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing them a lifetime of love and happiness!

    (and the cake was beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your well-wishes, my friends. I hope the best for them as well. Anyone who is married knows that the road is always rocky, steep and difficult, but the view along the way are worth the effort, and there are occasional level places to catch your breath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wedding photo's. Also loved your Mom and Dad's ghost story. As I read your posts, it sounds like you are on the go all the time. I love dropping by to visit you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way we try to keep our parents present at these important moments in our lives. Maggie's daughter Theresa carried one of Mom's handkerchiefs with her. I imagine Matt will wear a pair of Dad's cuff links at his marriage. Mom and Dad would have loved Jordan's wedding, such a beautiful bride!
    Love, Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...