Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Quick Fix: Renewed Divider

Ugly, right? This the before picture of the old screen I've had for about 5 years. The other side is a very old hand-painted canvas that while not perfect is still beautiful in my eyes--but the back side, oh woe! It was a mess. I know that under this horribleness there is canvas, and I have tried to peal away the old wallpaper to see it, but I have not been able to see much at all except a pale blue stripe. I think it would take a professional restorer to do that.

So I decided to cover it with more wallpaper but instead of pasting it on, I used hot glue on the sides only so that should someone ever want to restore the canvas, it might be less of a headache. I left the wood trim in its current chipped-paint look.

Here is the end result:

It took me about 30 minutes to do. Why did I wait so long to take care of this? I can only blame that old friend, procrastination. I bought the paper 2 years ago, for goodness sake. Still it's done now and I love its new look:


Now I can fold the screen either way, and still love the way it looks.

6 comments:

  1. Its now a done deal. Looks good and you get two looks for the space.

    Bet you are keeping very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful Granny Sue! You did a fantastic job on that project even if it took you a while before you started it! I've got several of those projects sitting around myself! lol I think we all do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, I am very busy these days, between the gardens, grandkids and the booth and ebay. And this coming week, I'll be away for storytelling and poetry. What a life! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Angela. If I was a real crafter, I'd have done it in fabric, and trimmed it out with braid or something. I bet you or Jessica or Joy could really make this thing shine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...