Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Booth Updates: Marietta

We got back to our Marietta booth yesterday to make a few changes.

First, we brought in this little dresser to replace a table and chairs we'll be moving to Ravenswood.


This little guy is so sweet, and the finis s beautiful, too pretty to paint.


I added more cameras and some vintage binoculars, as these items seem to be good sellers with the younger customers.


I added the little tea set in front in thie photo. It's just so sweet.



Glasses, glasses! I keep a constant stock of them in this cabinet. Today's addition was the orange Blendo juice glasses, which replaced something else that sold recently.


Just pretty!

Added the strawberry jar and the orange and white kettle today. I bought the kettle for me to use, but liked it too much to use it for every day, so it was just sitting on a shelf. Finally decided it was better to re-sell it.



Cast iron is a steady seller. These are really old pieces, except for the flat griddle, but they are priced right.

I have downsized my paperweight collection pretty drastically. I think I still have a half-dozen after adding these to the booth.


Don't you love this bright little clothespin bag? We get requests for them from time to time so I hope this one finds a home.


I really expected this big primitive cabinet to sell by now--the price is certainly right. It might have to come home for a paint job. Daggone it. I'd hoped to not have to paint it, but maybe that's what it needs to attract a buyer's eye. Sometimes I think that perhaps someone will want to work their own magic on a piece.




I finally got around to washing up all of the blue jars we got out of the first log cabin we moved, in 2003!These have been in a few totes in the cellar, believe it or not. This is the last of the them, a lot of half-gallon size.

Sales continue to be slower than usual for the time of year. The intense heat slowed things down earlier in the fall, then just as sales were picking up, it's turned cold and nasty. Weather has not been our friend this year--who wants to go browsing antique stores when it's not fun to be out and about in the weather?


That picnic basket is so cool. It has a "pie shelf"--a divider that is removable and provides protected space for a pie!

Tall wicker plant or fern stand. I really like this. Can't you just imagine it with a fern in it?


Old tools, uniforms, vintage handbags....this corner is certainly full of variety.


Lots of tea caddies! I swear I'd keep them al if I could in any way justify it--I love painted tins.



So that's the quick tour for this mall. I'll post pics from our Ravenswood booths tomorrow.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great items in your booth. That little dresser is a beauty. Glad you didn't paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you say that that little dresser,is too lovely to paint!!!! Seems people want to pain everything they get their hands on...

    Married 61 years, to a man, who loves woodworking, I have an appreciation for wood. -smile-

    🍬🎂🍬

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a treat Sue to see the stock in your booths. Lovely range to choose from.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Joy, I learned from the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I can't think of a better way to spend my time than browsing through antique shops in any weather! I wish I lived closer. I would be your best customer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy these posts, and there's always something - in the tools or kitchenware or both - that I know I'd bring home with me if I was visiting your booth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...