Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

Covid Journal, Day 215: Marietta Booth Update

62 this morning, too warm for this time of year. Another sunny day ahead, I think, and getting up to 80 or so. Then clouds and rain tonight and tomorrow. 

Since I had the doctor's appointment Tuesday in Parkersburg, we decided to use the day to also restock our Marietta booth--Marietta is just a few miles upriver from Parkersburg so we saved an extra, long drive by combining the two. 

Lots of new things in the booth, like this amazing old cupboard. It was labeled as a barbershop cabinet, and perhaps that was its last use, but I believe it is some kind of spice cabinet, because each drawer has a lock--no keys, unfortunately. Small brass handles just add to its charm, I think. I brought in several rolling pins this time too. They are steady sellers.


Don't you love the old truck? Someone played hard with this old toy.


I had never seen black glass mugs like this before. They're part of the Tiara line by Indiana Glass. Tiara, as I understand, was only sold at house parties. 


We added the little stepladder and yellow stool too. I had the stool in my kitchen for a while before deciding to part with it.

We also added the yellow kitchen utility cart. This one is in very good condition, and still has the electrical outlets attached.


A well baler sits inside a brass umbrella stand. I miss all the space I used to have at this location, but we find we're doing better financially with having only one booth here. The trick is to keep it well stocked.





Lots of copper molds. These seem to sell in spurts. Sometimes they just sit, then all of a sudden they're all sold.

Teapots, teacups, yardsticks and canes, picnic basket and crocks. A truly eclectic collection.





I enjoy figuring out color combinations for the booths. This one came together because of the mid-century gold canister set.




And more mid-century canisters. These are also steady sellers.




Salt and pepper shakers have been one of those funny things that just keep selling. I bought a big box a couple years ago and am still selling sets from that lot. 


This is one of my favorites--the slices in the toaster are the shakers. Unfortunately the "white" slice is missing its bottom, but still cute to display.


Vintage mixers used to sell well, but this one hasn't found a home yet.




Stuff and stuff and stuff. I try to have something for every taste/style. I find it hardest to buy for men's decor. Old oil cans and such are just not my thing, and I know little to nothing about them. But pretty things, there I am right at home.






So that's the tour. Now, let's just hope lots of this stuff sells, right?



Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I love it all, Sue!
    But what is a well baler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mis-spelled it, Nance. It's bailer. And it's used to pull water from a drilled well. Here's a description from online. I've never used one myself: Bailers are tied to a piece of rope (usually made from nylon or polypropylene) or a piece of wire (composed of Teflon or stainless steel) and lowered into the water column. Once lowered, the bailer uses a simple ball check valve to seal at the bottom in order to pull up a sample of the groundwater table.

      Delete
  2. That old mixer looks just like the one we used at home--the one that threw the mashed potatoes into Grandma's hair--we didn't laugh...much. I wish I lived closer. I'd live in your booth. So many wonderful things to look at!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...