Pages

Friday, January 20, 2023

Road Trip 2: Along the Muskingum

37 this morning, and never warming past 39. Cloudy all day with occasional flurries. Still, the grass is looking quite green, and bulbs are pushing up. My sister in Virginia even has a crocus in bloom.

Today was yet another day on the road, this time to pick up online auction buys in Ohio. It was such a yucky day that we didn't mind being out, since with the recent rain it is too muddy to do much outside.

We have had to chain our new dog, Buddy, while we are gone. I hate it, but he continues to run off at every opportunity.  We bring him inside at night and he is such a good boy in the house. Today the tag I ordered with his name and our phone number came, so we now have that on his collar. If he runs off while we are home, at least people will know who to call. We are waiting for the electronic fence we ordered, which I hope will solve our problem. Larry had to go find him twice the other day and each time he was several miles from home. Buddy takes shortcuts through the woods, but Larry has to go the long way around to fetch him back.


We were along another river on today's trip, the Muskingum. It is a pretty river, very full and muddy today though. We have been over this way several times in the past year, which I think is funny because in the 49 years I have lived here, I had never gone into much of Ohio at all until the past 5 years.

An old building by the road may have once been an inn or a store. I would love to poke around there, but it's private property of course, so I can just depend on my imagination to make up stories about it.

We are now chock full and overflowing with new inventory, and I will have my work cut out for me to store it all. But we sure needed it as I had only a couple totes of items left, and it takes about 3 each week to restock our spaces.

The next few days we will be home, concentrating on getting all the new things sorted and ready to store away until needed. I will finish up the cabinet I have almost completed, and start on a dining set and a dressing table, whe Larry works on cleaning out the bedding in the henhouse and building a shed onto the garage. That's the plan, anyway. We shall see how it actually falls out!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the work that goes into finding items and maintaining your booths. Barb and I are constantly antiquing while on our adventures. She like cast iron things while I am in search of vintage shotgun shell boxes and fishing lure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about the invisible fence, where the dog wears a collar & a wire is buried under the ground? That's what we have for our dog. It has been such a good thing. She has much more freedom & she will not cross even if the fence is turned off. The sad part...the foxes have figured out where she stops & will sit just outside of her fence & tease her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a wireless system, and works by satellite, if you can believe that. It has a battery that needs to be charged every night but is supposed to allow a range up to 700 acres. I don't believe that, but hopefully it will keep him on our property.

      Delete
  3. It's great that you really enjoy doing what you do. I think the ebay part would be very annoying to me. We have a friend who does the same thing up in New England, always looking, fixing things up and selling. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...