Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Cold

19f this morning, with heavy frost and clear skies.

Baby it's cold outside! And as usual our doors have opened and shut at least 10 times already: letting dogs in and out and in, taking out the trash, etc, etc. By the end of the day we will probably have been opened and shut 50 times, and that is no exaggeration. Ventilation? We have plenty, every day!

But it is supposed to reach 50f today. I have to go to Charleston for a poetry reading from this book, so I will miss this pretty day at home. A good day for travel, anyway.



Our trip to Morgantown yesterday went well. We dropped off a dresser at our son's house on the way, and got home just after sunset. 







This morning we will unload the van, and I need to read over my poems a few times. This is for a cable TV show from our state Capitol culture center, and I must admit I am not looking forward to it. I never wanted to perform in any way after I stopped storytelling, and still so not want to. I guess I had my share of "fame", and am happy to not have any more time in the spotlight.

So off I go to make breakfast, and get on with the day. Have a good one, friends.

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely sunset shots! The weather over here is unseasonably warm with lots of rain...no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is said "fame is fleeting". Better enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your reading is a more pleasant experience than you are anticipating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...