Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Booth Time

46°f this morning, about 8°C. Cloudy and chilly-damp.

Yesterday was booth work, and we ended the day at WV Artisan Market to listen to a couple young musicians who turned out to be surprisingly good. Very good voices, and wonder of wonders, clear enough to understand all the words--and almost all their material is original. We will be watching for more performances by Dalchord. Here is a clip of one song.

So that was a fun way to unwind. And here is a look at the booths. First is the one closest to home.
I really like these old chairs. 


Two Shawnee Pottery "rocking pig" planters.


A wall-mounted coffee grinder.

Going for a springtime vibe here.

 I did not see the repair on this lovely lady when I bought her. Her head and upper arm were glued back pretty nicely, but still. 

Tbe bottom shelf holds Cat's Meow painted wood pieces. Apparently there are people who collect these. I found these pieces in Amish country and they reflect that area.


And in our booths at Ravenswood, we added this cabinet last week, after I repainted it. We brought in the sausage stuff on the floor in front of it yesterday.


Another one goes on layaway! We have had this in the booth for 2 years and were beginning to consider bringing it home to use in the bedroom, but I am much happier to see it find a home elsewhere.


We have had this kettle a while, and I thought it would sell quickly as it is marked Marietta, Ohio, just up the river. 


Two end tables I finished this week. One had flaws on the top that I could not correct, so I priced them low. Under the one on the right is  nice copper kettle.


I moved this stand to be more visible. The pictures on the wall above it are handpainted oils. Odd, but maybe someone will like them.


In the "man booth" area, as we call it.


We moved the dresser to the spot where the metal cabinet was thst sold last week.


Odds and ends.
Thats about it for this week's changes. Time to get back to the paints!

7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stuff. You must really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could understand the words? Amazing! Maybe it will be a whole new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it refreshing to find a singer that actually annunciates the words of the song? So many of them you cannot understand what the heck they are singing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! We have a metal top table in perfect condition! Like new, really. His mother had it stored in the corner with a blanket over it for years. She probably forgot she had it. I need at least 2, ideally 4 chairs. But they need to be a plain unadorned 'blocky' sort of chair like the one you have next to the small white chest. Can you help a sister out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have any like you describe right now, but will keep my eyes open! Or maybe it's a good quest for you, a reason to go antiquing?

      Delete
    2. I have been keeping an eye open to be sure.

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy these tours, and I always see things I own, have owned, or would like to own :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...